Vincent de Haan is a self-taught painter working with a wide range of different paints and materials. After having spent the first seven years his childhood growing up in subtropical Durban, South Africa, he moved with his family to the Netherlands in the late 1990’s. After obtaining a Masters degree in Hydrology and Hydrogeology at Stockholm University, Sweden, he lived and worked in London and Kampala, Uganda.
Africa holds a special place in his heart and the vibrant colors, rich culture and natural beauty of this magical continent have inspired him greatly and still do every day. You could say Vincent’s style is formed by a dynamic mix of African and European influences and experiences. The balance between order and chaos is often a reoccurring theme is his work. Currently Vincent is living and working from his home based studio in Den Bosch, the Netherlands.
- Store Du Nord 2019: Solo exhibition at the new hip mens clothing store Store Du Nord (23 Okt 2019 – still to be determined)
- Doogan Records 2019: A four month solo exhibition (7 Sept 2019 – 7 January 2020) at the venue
- ANIMA MUNDI International Arts Festival 2019: A group exhibition in a residentual palace in Venice (12 May – 5 July 2019)
- Notting Hill Hotel 2019: A three month solo exhibition (30 March – 28 June 2019) organized by Fransastic
- Nationale Kunstdagen 2018: Participation in the Netherlands largest art fair (9 – 10 November 2018)
- Art Creates Water 2017: Millerntor Gallery presents the exhibition ‘Art Creates Water’, Kampala, Uganda, as part of the international Art, Music and Culture festival. Half of the profits went to water- and sanitation projects in Uganda.